I had a lot on my plate today (was at my desk a little after 7am) so I’m playing a little catch up. Some stuff from the weekend and today:
- 8 file for Portsmouth mayor. This is going to be an interesting race to watch. I hope to have time to interview all of the candidates.
- 5 file for Norfolk Ward 7 seat. Honestly, I’m surprised there weren’t more candidates. One who had been rumored to file didn’t do so.
- Reid comes out against Ground Zero mosque. Senate majority leader Harry Reid is in a tight race and is apparently willing to say whatever is necessary to get re-elected.
- Women in VA earned 80% of what men earned. Why am I not surprised?
- Women and minorities hit hardest by DADT. Again, I’m not surprised.
- First 2nd CD debate with all 3 candidates this Thursday. This is good news. The voters in the 2nd should get to hear all three candidates – and more than once. The LWV is sponsoring a debate in October and all three have been invited. So far, two have accepted. Guess who the holdout is?
- Careful with those paywalls! The Times has lost 1.2 million readers in three months.
Finally, from the candidate who never fails to amuse, here’s the latest from Alvin Greene
Hope y’all had a good Monday!